Thursday, November 19, 2009

A little bit of everything...

I don't know why but sometimes I just don't feel like writing or typing anything at all. And I haven't touched my guitar (except a couple days ago, I played about 5 minutes) in months and I feel like all my creativity has gone away somewhere and doesn't want to be found right now. Where are you, creative spirit?!
So much has happened, I've discovered so many new, amazing musicians. I've also come to terms with the fact that a lot of the artists that I admire are taking the "popular, famous" road of music and have disappointed me (I'm leaving names out because I don't want to start a discussion on those artists). It's not that they don't deserve being respected and known by everyone, but their artistic path has changed so much, and not feeling as identified with their music as I did before truly breaks my heart and makes me wonder if music really is temporary nowadays. Are my favorite musicians meant to put out a number of records (unbelievable, wonderful records) and then start doing more mainstream music in order to survive? I DON'T THINK SO, not anymore, I think. So why the hell are they making these decisions?! I can't fathom why... Money? Not according to what they've said in interviews in the last... 10 freaking years! So, why change now?
Don't get me wrong, their music is still amazing but compared to their last 5 records, it's just repetitive, meant-to-be-very-popular-music. Also, I don't think every record HAS to be perfect each and every time, but at least I expect them to be... honest. Is that the word? I don't know but, you know what I mean. So what, now every artist I admire will end up making a song for Twilight in the future?
Being disappointed by music/musicians really makes me want to curl on the floor and cry. And cry, and cry. But hey, enough of this.
I also discovered that I would LOVE to work at Spin Magazine in a (hopefully) very near future. Or maybe Alternative Press Magazine? Just an amazing music magazine like those.
The semester's almost over. I can't wait to finish all my projects and homework.
You know what, also? I've been drinking more coffee than usual. I used to drink one cup a day, now I drink 2 cups. But I guess it's still a acceptable consumption, hey?
Okay, I have to leave for now but I'll be back soon. Thanks for reading, if you still are.

xxoo
Cuca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ándale, Ándale!